I always thought raising a second child would be pretty simple. I mean, I've already gone through raising one (a baby, that is) and think of myself as somewhat "experienced". But it's crazy how fast we forget things and also how siblings can be so different in personality at such an early age. Just like how Reiko and I are almost opposite in personality, Meika definitely has her own personality and traits very different from Kian. Even their milestones have been different... Meika just turned 6 months a few days ago and she's just a few days from crawling (below). Kian was sitting up at this time but Meika falls over and bonks her head every time I try to sit her up. She HATES bananas and that's probably Kian's favorite food, even now. She rolls and rolls all over the place and can get across our living room in a few seconds if there's a goal for her (a toy, Kian, book, me, etc). Kian never rolled.. or at least I don't remember him doing that. Kian would get in a car seat and fall asleep immediately as soon as the car started moving. Meika cries and screams every time she's in the car. It definitely keeps things interesting around here just when I thought I had a handle on raising children. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment