9.04.2011

End of Summer Fun

Thank goodness August is behind us. Kian and I each got sick three times this month. Since I didn't go into work on the days he was sick, it meant that I had to work on the days that I was really sick. It was a rough first month back at work.

With summer quickly ending, we went to what will probably be the last summer "matsuri" festival today. A typhoon was approaching so it was actually a pretty breezy day and we spent the afternoon eating yakisoba and shaved ice and watching the matsuri tradition of portable shrines being carried in  to wake up the Gods.


Clapping to the sounds of the portable shrine being brought in...

He was supposed to be scooping up the goldfish but the dirt was more interesting

Mar also decided that Kian would look better if he had a "progressive" haircut like his dad so he decided to give it a shot... it's actually his second time and he's improved a lot since the first one. The back is a bit zig zaggy but it almost looks like a part of the "style".

 And before the week starts, mommy and Ki spend quality time playing with all his new toys from his birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment