With 43 days left until our due date, I should be nesting. I was nesting at this time when I was pregnant with Kian... but having a toddler doesn't allow for any nesting. In reality, the 2nd time around is nothing like the first time since there's no time to be napping when you're tired, spending hours cruising the aisles of baby shops or researching the perfect stroller and car seat. If a stroller works, it's good enough! and hand me downs from family and friends... no problem.
I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep at night because I'm so uncomfortable yet I can't nap when Kian does because there's always something to do around the house and it's the only time I can get it done. Being a stay at home mom is so much more work than actually working. Being a pregnant stay at home mom is just plain ol' exhausting.... the countdown couldn't be fast enough.
Though it's exhausting to keep up with Kian, he is my saving grace. His love for dancing and singing keep me entertained all day, and his humor is even better than his dad's. He recently stopped calling Mar, "daddy" and is now just "dad." So sad how fast he's growing up. I was making a potato gratin which spilled over and started smoking in the oven, and Kian's first reaction was, "mommy, get fire truck. put out smoke. rescue." His new words include "nocturnal, technology and computer" and his recent obsession is Star Wars! He is Mar's son after all..
 |
| Look how big I am! |
 |
| and look how big Mommy's gotten @ 33 weeks |
And now that it's December, it's really starting to feel like Christmas in our house, neighborhood and in spirit. We live a few blocks from a street called "Noe" but for now it's "NOEL"!
.jpg) |
| "I think I'll just look at Santa from here... not into sitting in his lap." |
.jpg) |
| Decorating the gingerbread house |
No comments:
Post a Comment