Kian's been getting really into hiking lately and surprisingly, there are quite a lot of kid-friendly trails in the city. Today, we went to Corona Heights, which is less than a 10 minute drive from our house. Meika joined in on the fun, for the first time, in a backpack child carrier. She actually loves to walk and run so she got to run around during the hike where the trails were pretty flat. We first went up the mountain, then down and decided to continue down a trail... which eventually led us to a pretty cool playground. I know.... this would only happen in a city but that's where the trail took us.
We were having lunch at the playground, and I got started thinking about the amount of time I've spent in playgrounds in the last few years. Just in the past year, if I calculate 10 hours a week (which I think is much less than actual), that's 540 hours a year, just at playgrounds. I'm so happy that Kian is now starting both swimming and soccer during the weekday to break up the week a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment