It's been one of those weeks. Both kids home sick with a fever, coughing attacks throughout the night and to top it all off, pink eye for Kian. I went to get the car washed for the first time in weeks, and a bird shit all over it on my way home. Washed our bed sheets and Meika threw up all over it that evening. And to top it all off, Mar drops a bomb on me and tells me he needs to go to Singapore on a business trip for a week, leaving in 2 days. Riiighhht... that didn't go over very well with me and he's still here. Needless to say, he decided to postpone it another week or so... so after a long week, I finally sat down for a glass of wine on Friday night and turned on the TV and the local news was headlining this story. "Girl Scout Sets Up Shop Outside Marijuana Dispensary" in San Francisco and sells 117 boxes in 2 hours. It's now making national news with some saying that she's a "smart cookie" and others absolutely horrified that her parents allowed this to happen.
It's weird to be living in a state where medical marijuana is legal and probably will be recreationally legal fairly soon.But when I am at a playground with the kids and the entire place starts smelling of weed, especially around 4:20 pm, we've got to draw a line somewhere, no? Kian even noticed the smell the other day and asked me, "What's that smell??" How do I explain to a three year old that he lives in a city which allows the use of something, which would put him in jail for probably a very very long time in Japan. Bizarre...
 |
Despite being contagious, I started going a bit stir crazy in the house
so we went out for ramen and ice cream.
Kian + Pink Eye |
No comments:
Post a Comment