3.17.2010

Going all naturelle!

I can't believe it. I've actually signed myself up to give birth all natural. NO EPIDURAL,and I actually volunteered. I think the pregnancy hormones have gotten to me...


Most Japanese hospitals still believe in natural births and don't offer epidurals as an option but of course, as we all know, money can buy anything. We were debating between going with an English speaking doctor whom all the expats here use (because he offers epidurals) or just go with the hospital just a few blocks from our house where my dad was staying when he was sick. This hospital just opened in a new tower in January with all new facilities and the most high-tech medical equipment available - minus the epidural.

So we debated back and forth, but just couldn't justify spending an EXTRA $5000 for the English speaking doc. (in addition to the hospital fees) when in fact, I speak Japanese. Duh... so the decision was made and the papers submitted to deliver at the hospital near the house (where my sister is also having her 2nd) with no epidural. Am I crazY? Is an epidural worth $5000?

No comments:

Post a Comment