Big news! The Tokyo LGs are expanding to 4. We're due with our 2nd baby at the end of the year. :)
Everyone always says the second pregnancy/baby never gets the same attention and it's too true for our little one. Oma had to remind us to make the announcement so we could get excited about the baby! We are excited, in fact, elated. It's just that we have WAY TOO much going on right now to even think about it. I suppose once I start showing more, I'll get more in the spirit too. Speaking of showing more, I think it's true that the 2nd baby starts showing way earlier than the 1st.... sadly due to the lack of abdominal muscles from having the 1st one. Sad but true... and is the case for me.
We're counting down to our big move date with only 6 more days in our apartment which we love so much. Although we've outgrown the space a bit, it will always be our first apartment that we actually fixed up together to make it "our place".
We had a bit of a setback with renting it out as of August 1. We had a couple lined up to move in on August 1, and had spent hours going over contracts, details, appliances which we were leaving, etc.. and 2 days before they were supposed to sign the lease, the husband found out he had esophagus cancer so the whole deal fell through. There's another couple are also interested (and happens to be parents of a boy in Kian's daycare class) so fingers crossed that they'll be it!
Mar has been working from home since he's returned from SF. I still can't figure out how he manages to work from home only after spending 2 weeks at his new company. It's too much for me to figure out right now with so much going on so I'll just leave it at that.
Midst all of this, Kian's become quite the chatter bug, even though 80% of it doesn't make any sense. He can now sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the theme song for Dinosaur Train.
He's new thing is jumping. Jumping on the floor, off the couch, chair, anything for that matter.
| Hanging out at the Chesneys. Something interesting must be on TV... |
We've had a bunch of outings including a friend's bday party, dinner parties, brunch and playtime with his cousins. The next few weeks are also jammed packed with going away parties, dinners, the big move, catching up with relatives before we leave, Kian's bday party, etc. Mar leaves for San Francisco on August 5th, and Kian and I'll head out at the end of the month (date TBD). Wish us luck with the move on the 17th.
| Brunch with Tokyo friends. Chris Higa and daughter Riona! |
| Summertime birthdays at the park. |
| Dad finally bought me an airplane. |
| Mar with his ex-coworkers Yoshia and Matt. |
| Still liking the airplane. |
| I caught a fever today and all dad got me was this skunk... |
.jpg)
Yay, YAY, YYYAAAAYY! Congrats on baby #2.
ReplyDelete