10.07.2012

Our first post from our new home!

I started this blog when we found out that I was pregnant with Kian, in 2009? It was a great way to keep our friends and family abroad updated and share events from our life in Tokyo. A lot has happened since then and we are now a month into our adventure of our new life in San Francisco, the three of us, with a fourth on the way. I know I haven't been very diligent in updating it much in the last few months, but I have no excuses anymore and more reasons as to why I should continue this as before. It's a great avenue for us to stay in touch with our friends and family in Tokyo and share our trials and tribulations of our life here in this crazy city. So here it is.... a promise to blog more and share more from our everyday and of course about the 2nd pregnancy since this little one has gotten NO ATTENTION to date. So visit us more often and stay in touch!

Week 3: Our apartment finally feels somewhat like "home" and Kian seems to be loving the fact that there's much more space and he can run at full speed from the living room to his room and not run into any walls! We joined a neighborhood play group which meets at a playground a few blocks from the house every Tuesday. Culture shock: toys which we bring to the playground seem to be PUBLIC property. Kids will come up, take them and play with them without asking us. Kian just looks at me with a very sad face and doesn't seem to know how to handle the situation just yet.

I also took Kian to his 24 month check-up. Culture shock #2: Kian falls in the 5 percentile for weight  here in the US even though he was always in the 60% in Japan. Everything in America is just bigger, including kids. Taking it with a grain of salt but have been feeding him chicken tenders and french fries which seems to be a staple in kids' diet in the US according to kids menus at restaurants here. Hopefully it will fatten him up a bit. :)

My first month as a housewife has been challenging, fulfilling, ecstatic, full of questions, and exhausting at times. I wonder about the future of my career, and my own ambitions, but I have to admit, it feels good to be able to spend so much time with Kian for the first time and see really how much he learns and grows on a daily basis. For now, we'll take it day by day and enjoy every minute for what it is!

Some snapshots from our recent adventures..We'll post pics from our new place soon.

Driving our new VW SUV
Hanging out at Kip's pool down in Santa Clara. 

Reuniting with his Uncle "Pippi"

On my new bike which he got from his cousin Makai for his 2nd birthday! 

Because there are NO pictures of me pregnant this time around, Mar had to take it for our records. 25 weeks! 

At the pool again! Trying to take advantage of the heat wave which struck the Bay Area this past week.
Temperature was up in the 90s even in the city!






No comments:

Post a Comment