4.01.2010

At the Halfway Mark

20 weeks! Phew, we've made it halfway through. Baby LG seems to be more like his mom, kicking and rolling at all hours, and not like his Chamorro laid back daddy... better ween off the one cup of coffee I'm allowing myself to drink. Here's the lovely lady bump at week 20. Next doctor's appt. is on the 14th April when I have to drink a mega sugary drink and get tested for gestational diabetes.


We have yet another busy weekend. Maurio's friend from Guam/SF is visiting, and we're also getting our family and friends together on Sunday for my dad's 1st memorial. It's actually a month early but still hard to believe it's already been 11 months. I can honestly say though that there hasn't been a day when I don't think about him or some memory of him runs through my mind. I'm still a bit gutted that baby LG will not grow up with a "grandfather" from either side since my grandpa was such a bit part of my childhood. Maybe it's because we have the boisterous "Oma" in Boise and  "Baa Ba" in Tokyo to make up for it. :)

I have to admit, I've been thrilled at the response from our friends and family who are keeping up-to-date with our blog. Thanks, maybe you're not all my imaginary readers after all.

Love from the Tokyo LGs

2 comments:

  1. Your baby bump is oh sooo cute! I wish we lived closer and I wish you were coming out here with Mar. Much love to you two!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... I gained almost 40 lbs with Hunter and 50 lbs with Ty! I was huge, but I LOVED every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete