Opposites attract.... I'm a foodie and Mar's very happy eating chicken and rice everyday. I love to cook and he can't cook for the life of him. He once made me a shrimp saute dish and after I ate it, he told me he put a whole stick of butter in it. Anything with that much butter tastes good. When I am away, Mar eats out, or has deliveries which are really limited.. pizza, thai food, sandwiches, or indian, none of which are all that healthy. So after being recommended by a friend who recently had a baby to freeze food before the baby is born so we can still enjoy a home cooked meal in the first few weeks of the baby coming home, and also so Mar doesn't starve to death while I am in the hospital (Japan requires a 4-5 day stay for delivery), I spent the afternoon making tons of frozen friendly dishes. Lasagna, chicken adobo, curry, sweet and sour shrimp, bolognese sauce and even pancakes and waffles! Hopefully, Mar won't eat it all while I am in the hospital..or I'll have to clog my arteries with Mar's butter shrimp dish once again when I come home with the baby.
wow, nesting has gone in to full throttle mode! home cooked meals sound delicious. I'm doing the same, starting to stack up the meals in the freezer cooked in my new Fagor pressure cooker.
ReplyDelete