10.02.2010

Date night

If there's one thing I really miss about working, it's the fine dining, free flowing Champagne and amazing wines. So I was more than thrilled when Mar made a dinner reservation for us at our neighborhood French restaurant at the end of our street. This restaurant had its hayday in the 80s but the food is pretty amazing for its price. The balmy weather was perfect for us to sit out on their terrace and enjoy our last date night while Oma is still in town.


Milk expressed.. and formula also prepared as a backup plan, we started off with a rose Champagne, pate canard, sea scallops tartare, and a crab bisque. Mar went with the pork belly wrapped in pastry which had the most robust and delicious red wine reduction sauce and I opted for the duck I'orange for our main along with a nice bottle of Alsace Riesling. The finale was a decadent choux a la creme covered in chocolate sauce and a very elegant strawberry soup with parsley ice cream along with a
glass of dessert wine to finish off the night. I thought I would have lost my tolerance for alcohol but I guess old habits die hard. But rest assured this was a special occasion and with Oma leaving in 2 days, "date night" will be a place just to enjoy in our dreams from now on. 

The beautiful leek mousse amuse bouche which started our meal. 
 Mar's main with the red wine sauce which was glistening.

This is the DECADENT Choux a la creme.. talk about calorie overload but oh so delicious.

After an amazing meal, the nice little buzz from the evening quickly faded as we came home to Maddie throwing up all over her bed. The following day, she also gotten bitten by some bug and had an allergic reaction all over her poor face. Swollen eyes, nose, neck and tongue... she looked like a boxer who had lost BIG TIME. I guess date nights which end with a romantic cuddle and sleeping in are all also just a thing of our past too.

No comments:

Post a Comment