2.07.2010

Blogs are sooo old-school! plus some really exciting news! Baby LG due Aug. 19th!

Friends and family kept telling us that we'd get pregnant as soon as we got a dog, and it wasn't just a few people...We both love dogs and always talked about having one, but living in the concrete jungle of downtown Tokyo always stopped us from pursuing it any further. Having exhausted what felt like all of our options to get pregnant, we thought, "what the heck!".  Immediately, we started looking around for breeders and fate would have it... we came across Maddie (our beloved English Bulldog) and we knew we had to bring her home. Who can resist all those wrinkles and a smushy face! Fast forward 3 months... and the completely unscientific theory of getting a dog = gettting pregnant became a reality! really!!

With a bun in the oven and friends and family all over the world, it only made sense to start a site to keep everyone up-to-date on our progress and life with a new dog. Having a geeky IT guy as my husband, I thought he'd definitely WOW me with new online gadgets to keep everyone updated. Sadly, his brilliant answer was... "start a blog!!". Years ago (when blogging was just becoming really popular), I told him that I was gonna hold off on starting my own blog because I wanted to use a breakthrough technology.  In my mind, blogging was already "old".

But here we are 3 years or so later.... a new dog, a baby on the way, anxious grandmothers-to-be in Tokyo, and Boise.. we have the beginnings of this new "old-school" blog of our life in Tokyo! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. In my own defense, I actually recommended using social media instead of blogging...But regardless, I'm an 80's type of guy so blogs are still cool where I'm from :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. karina & maurio

    CONGRATS to you both!!!!!!

    hontoni hontoni hontoni omedeto~~~!!!!

    i can only imagine how long and winding road this was for you both.
    but then again, you guys got good coupla years spent just the two of you and you got maddie and baby lg's on the way :)
    hey, isn't this just perfect family planning afterall???

    ReplyDelete