Feb. 5th marked our 5th wedding anniversary, and in celebration, we went out to dinner at a Japanese restaurant, Toshio, nearby our house.
Maurio's presents are always so creative and clever... and this year was no disappointment. I was given a gift wrapped box but was told there are 3 items inside in which I had to choose just ONE, each of them with a different label: "Luxury", "Convenience" or "Comfort". I debated between the two C's but settled on "Comfort" and opened my card! Gasp, wow, it says "HOUSE". Are we getting a new house for our anniversary?? Maybe! So he explained that it's what we're going to be focusing on this year (besides the baby)... to get a bigger place, to accommodate the growing family... Wooohooo!! Let the house hunting begin.....
Two days later though.... as we're driving through some terrible traffic, Mar points out different types of cars on the road.. "how about the Benz C-class?" "Is the Volvo SUV too much? or would the station wagon age me too much?", "I actually like BMWs better than a Benz", "SUVs guzzle too much gas so that's not really an option.. maybe a Honda Pilot something.." So it appears that although I picked the HOUSE card, the "Convenience=Car" card was what Mar was hoping for and has brainwashed himself into thinking that I picked. Stay tuned for which one of us gets lucky.
Below: Our menu and a beautiful flatfish and yellowtail sashimi platter, YUM! (Now, before anyone starts gasping about "pregnant women shouldn't eat raw fish", remember everything in moderation is good! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment