Still pregnant and no sign of Baby LG entering the world yet and I look like I'm carrying a watermelon in my tummy which is why I'm going to share my favorite summer treat. Watermelon sorbet... my sister made it over the weekend and I swooned when I took my first bite. Needless to say, the first bite was the beginning of the end and I just couldn't get enough so I asked her for the recipe and made my own batch. It's the perfect summer treat for adults and kids. Sorry no picture but trust me, it's to die for.
Watermelon Sorbet (3-4 servings)
Watermelon, 300 grams
A: (milk and heavy cream, 1/2 cup each, sugar and condensed milk, 50 grams each)
Lemon Juice, 1Tbs
Chocolate Chips, 2 Tbs (the mini chips work the best)
Cointreau, 1 Tbs
Directions:
1) Take the skin off the watermelon, cut into bite size pieces, measure out 300grams and strain through a sieve to get all the juice.
2) Put all the ingredients from A in a pot and heat under medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow it to cool down completely.
3) Combine the watermelon juice and A. Add lemon juice and Cointreau (if using) and stir. Poor into a shallow bowl, cake pan or whatever you can throw in the freezer and freeze.
4) Mix and stir every 2 hours until frozen to your liking. Add chocolate chips and mix at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment