My due date came and went just like any other day. The following day, I went in to see my DR and my cervix was only 1cm dilated and the baby was still high up. Unfortunately, I have to patiently wait out the entire 40th week before they can do anything. And if nothing happens, I check into the hospital on the 26th to be induced.
I was convinced Baby LG was an energizer bunny like me (from all the kicking) and would come early but I guess he really did take after his dad. MIL//Oma arrived on Tuesday the17th, thinking the baby would be home from the hospital right around now but for now she's set camp in our guestroom/baby room and is just patiently waiting and waiting as well. Mother-n-son went to look for a rocking chair today...and spent some quality time together.
She's also become Maddie's new BFF since she's the first one up to feed her, take her out potty and give her treats from the US .. peanut butter flavored which are Mad's fave. She's always sitting by MIL's feet now or putting her head on her knees begging for attention. So cute that they've become buds already.
As for me, I found myself at the busiest summer festival, Juban Matsuri, which attracts over 500,000 people over the 3 day event. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be here this year, but here I am.. and drinking a beer, nonetheless. :-) Just doing what the doc says.. stay active, stay STRESS FREE and above all, move woman, move! :)
My dear husband, who is almost 40, and my friend Kay being silly. Is he really gonna be a dad in a few days??
Where is baby boy LG? We can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete